Dual Diagnosis Treatment For Co-Occurring Mental Health Conditions In San Diego, CA
If you are one of the millions of Californians with co-occurring substance abuse and mental health disorders, Hope Canyon Recovery can help. Our individualized recovery plans, dedicated team and therapeutic, healing environment work together to address the dual diagnoses that influence your addiction and help you achieve a successful recovery.
Co-occurring disorders are more common than you might realize. Recent studies show:
- 53% of people addiction to drugs also suffer from a mental illness
- 37% of people addicted to alcohol also suffer from a mental illness
We understand the importance of treating your addiction and mental health disorders simultaneously. The staff at our addiction recovery center in San Diego, California include both psychiatric professionals and addiction counselors, who work together to provide the most effective treatment to help you attain your goal of long-term sobriety.
The Importance Of Simultaneous Treatment
At Hope Canyon, we believe in the Principles of Effective Treatment as outlined by the National Institute on Drug Abuse. Among those principals:
- Because drug and alcohol addiction often co-occurs with other mental disorders, patients presenting with one condition should always be assessed for the other.
- When these problems co-occur, a holistic approach to treatment should address both conditions.
- Behavioral therapies – including individual, family or group counseling – are effective forms of treatment for substance abuse and mental health disorders.
Without these different types of care, you may not receive all the help you may need. Traditional rehab centers might not have the psychiatric professionals required to treat mental disorders such as bipolar disorder or schizophrenia – and a psychiatric treatment facility might not have the addiction specialists needed to treat drug or alcohol dependence.
If you have co-occurring disorders, you are considered to be at high risk for relapse after rehabilitation, and you may even be susceptible to suicide or suicidal thoughts. Because of the fragile and unpredictable nature of your condition, specialized care at a dual diagnosis treatment facility is essential.
Hope Canyon Is Prepared To Help
At Hope Canyon, we’re prepared to lead you through the profound behavioral and life changes that are needed to live a life free from substance abuse. Our private treatment space and excellent patient-to-staff ratios give you the best possible environment to start your journey to recovery.