San Diego Smoking Cessation Programs
At Hope Canyon, we understand that it’s hard to stop smoking. Statistics from a recent study make it clear just how difficult it can be:
- 68 percent of smokers said they wanted to quit
- 55 percent said they tried to quit
- Only 8 percent said they successfully quit
At our rehab center in San Diego, we offer a smoking cessation program that can help you give up nicotine for good. Using a combination of medications and behavioral therapy, our clinicians and counselors put together a personalized plan to fit your needs.
If you have tried to quit before and been unsuccessful, it might be time to seek help from a professional nicotine rehab center. Other signs that your addiction is serious include physical symptoms when you try to quit (shakiness, irritability, increased heart rate), or if you’ve continued to smoke even after your doctor has told you that you should quit for health reasons.
A combination of therapy and medications during drug rehab can greatly enhance your chances for long-term success. Our program includes access to a wide range of medications that have proven effective in helping smokers stop using nicotine. And our counselors are specially trained in the most successful treatments and incorporate them in group and one-on-one therapy sessions.
What Happens After My Rehab Program?
Just like people with drug and alcohol addictions, smokers often relapse after they give up cigarettes. But we show you how to improve your chances for lasting recovery by learning coping skills that help you ignore the urge to smoke.
During your recovery treatment, we also teach how to best avoid relapse after you leave rehab. Some of the recommended lifestyle changes include:
1. Change your mindset. Learn how to begin thinking of yourself as a non-smoker.
2. Take up exercise. You will enjoy feeling healthier, and activities such as yoga and aerobic exercise also reduce withdrawal symptoms.
3. Commit to on-going care. Find a support group such and don’t be reluctant to reach out for help when you feel the urge to smoke.